As the need for affordable housing continues to grow, securing land for homes for the families on our waiting list becomes more challenging. If you are aware of or own a parcel of land in Elkhart County that may be available, we’d like to talk to you! For more information, please email us or call (574) 533-6109.
Materials and Services
We accept in-kind donations of building materials for construction and for re-sale in our ReStore. Professional skills, such as plumbing, painting or roofing, are always needed and many people make enormous contributions of their time and talents already (for more information on volunteering click here).
Do you shop at Amazon.com? You can support Habitat for Humanity of Elkhart County through your Amazon purchases just by following the steps below.
– Enroll at smile.amazon.com
– Choose Habitat for Humanity of Elkhart County and Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases
– AmazonSmile is the same Amazon you know. Same products, same prices, same service
Help support Habitat for Humanity while shopping for your groceries! Shopping at your local Goshen and Elkhart Kroger’s Grocery store is an easy way to support Habitat at no additional cost to you. Just shop at Kroger’s and swipe your Plus Card to earn Habitat rewards. You just need to Re-enroll each year.
Here is how to sign up in person:
1. Visit your local Goshen or Elkhart Store
2. Go to the Customer Service Counter
3. Sign up for a Kroger’s Plus Card*
4. Tell Customer Service you would like to add Habitat for Humanity of Elkhart County as your Community Rewards recipient
* If you already have a card simply ask them to select Habitat for Humanity of Elkhart County as your Community Rewards recipient.
Here is how to sign up online (Plus Card required)
1. Visit Kroger.com
2. Click the Community Tab, then Rewards
3. Sign up for an online Kroger’s Account
4. Add your Plus Card number to the online account
5. Select Habitat for Humanity of Elkhart County as your Community Reward recipient
Donating a car, truck, boat, RV or other vehicle is quick, easy and may be eligible for tax deduction purposes if you itemize (consult the IRS or tax advisor for details). Cars for Homes (TM) accepts a majority of vehicles with proper title and ownership information, and even makes arrangements to have your vehicle, keys and title picked up for processing.
Proceeds generated by donated vehicle sales are used by Habitat for Humanity of Elkhart County to build homes in partnership with local families.
For more information, call 1-877-277-HFHI (4344) toll free or donate online at www.carsforhomes.org.
You can show off your support for Habitat by ordering a Habitat license plate from the BMV. The plates cost $40, $25 of which goes to our Indiana Habitat for Humanity support organization. Please visit the BMV information page for details on ordering your plate.
Cans for Habitat
You can support Habitat’s mission by donating your aluminum cans.
Collect cans at your home, workplace, or church then bring your cans to one of the following locations:
– Omni Source Goshen
– Omni Source Elkhart
Be sure to tell them to donate the proceeds to Habitat for Humanity.