We are starting a new Social Media series and we need your help. We are calling it #WhyWeBuild Wednesdays. We would love to know why you volunteer with Habitat. Share your thoughts on our Facebook page or on Twitter.
Habitat for Humanity ReStore of Elkhart County, located in Goshen, Indiana is seeking a part-time Donations Driver’s Assistant to help pick up donations from the surrounding communities. The job will be Tuesday through Friday 9am to 5pm, and will have the potential to turn into a full-time position.
This job is a customer service oriented position that requires light travel every day to multiple locations to pick up donations to be sold at the ReStore. When there are no donations to be picked up the ReStore Driver’s Assistant works in the ReStore providing support to customers, the store and the staff.
- Clean driving record with the ability to be DOT certified to drive a 14′ box truck
- Pass a physical/drug screen
- Be able to lift 50 lbs with 100 lbs occasionally
- Forklift experience preferred
- GED or high school diploma minimum
- Customer service skills
- Help Maintain a clean box truck
- Help set a pick-up schedule for each day of the work week
- Help work at occasional deconstruction projects
- Clean and bring donations to the floor for sale
- Operate the register when needed
Compensation will depend on prior experience.